I studied an Events Management degree at Chichester University. Fresh out of university, I wasn’t entirely sure where to head, except I knew big City Events job wasn’t right for me then. So I successfully started a summer graduate job at Arundel Festival (having had family in Arundel all my life I knew it all very well) and there I met my other half, Ash.
I inherited The Beautiful Day, in it’s early days from Ash’s mum in 2014. Sandie was an avid antiques collector and hoarder and had a fantastically creative mind. I tried to recreate and furthur what Sandie’s vision was with the business and since I’ve built a portfolio of diverse products and ideas to help make your day beautiful.
I, like a lot of other brides, am Pinterest addict. I always look for new ideas for the business or my own wedding and try and make it happen. I’ve always been into art and craft from friendship bracelets to DIY, I love to design and make as much as I can for my business.
Things I love…
- Weddings with lots of greenery, boho, botanical, organic, country; whatever you call it, it’s gorgeous.
- I have so many barrels I feel like a pirate!
- Bessie, my converted caravan / consultation suite
- Rhino, my Ford Transit Van #whitevangirl (I don’t own a car, only a van)
- The name of my house; Mole Corner, we actually have moles
- The ‘C’ Word… Christmas. My birthday is 23rd Dec, but I still love Christmas
- Making things, I get bored just sitting in front of the TV, so instead I started making macramé
- Tesco’s gluten free macaroni, mac n cheese is my fave and now I can have it gluten free!!
- Gin, prosecco, red wine… with that in mind, where’s my glass?
Things I’m not keen on…
- Baked beans… blurgh
- The rain, I mean don’t we all hate it? But my ladders are on the roof of my van and they’re not fun to get off when it’s raining!
- “Ghost chairs” white chair covers are not really my thing, but I have contacts who have them
- Spiders, living in the country doesn’t really help with this phobia
How do wedding pros celebrate their wedding?
Ash and I married September 2017. We had the most amazing weekend, we had lots and lots of people, 3 marquees, far too much booze and food, naturally. We had tents, bell tents, campervans and a few all-nighters keeping the fire pits going. We made the most of it and hired our venue for 10 days to get the marquees up with a stunning lighting setup outside, and went above and beyond on props, games and décor.
The theme developed as we planned the wedding. We incorporated our apple orchard and plenty of organic wild foliage and table centrepieces grown by a professional gardener. The dining tent was full with tree branches, greenery and foliage to portray a natural feel. Whilst the dance tent had bright paper lanterns, fairy lights and a boat bar! We had a strong connection with Sandie, (Ash’s late mother, creator of The Beautiful Day) throughout the weekend, from the wedding stationery to our table names and our music.
Where does it all come from and where is it stored?
With Sandie’s love of all things rustic, in-need-of-fixing items and second hand sales, I’ve found plenty of beautiful and interesting knick knacks in her workshop (shed) in the garden. I thought what’s better than to share their beauty and fun with others! I’m always out on the hunt for new items, so watch this space…
Tents N Events, Weddings in West Sussex
My husband Ash and his business partner Mike run Tents N Events marquee and event hire company
We together run Weddings in West Sussex, a website promoting our fellow local suppliers all tried, tested and recommended by each other and by clients.